[Keychron] Q1 Pro QMK Wireless DIY Kit (75%)
Tax excluded. Shipping calculated at checkout
The Keychron Q1 Pro is a revolutionary wireless custom mechanical keyboard featuring robust full-metal construction and QMK/VIA compatibility. Coupled with premium elements such as a double-gasket design, PBT keycaps, and screw-in stabilizers, it promises an unparalleled typing experience.
- Layout: 75%
- Support: QMK/VIA
- Connection: Wired and Wireless
- Mounting: Gasket Mount
- Flex: Up to 2.5mm
- Body: CNC Aluminum (6063 Aluminum)
- Finish: Polished, Anodized, and Sandblasted
- Plate: PC
- Stabilizers: Screw-In
- Hot-Swappable: Yes
- RGB: South-Facing
- Badge: Interchangeable with a Rotary Encoder
- Compatibility: macOS & Windows
- Layout toggle: The system can switch between macOS and Windows with a saved layout for each
- Sound Absorbing Foam: Included
- PCB Stabilizers: Gateron Screw-In
- Cable: Included
- Switches: Not specified
- 1 x Aluminum Case
- 1 x Hot-Swap PCB
- 1 x PC Plate
- 1 x Sound Absorbing Foam
- 2 x Case Foam (Installed Inside)
- 16 x Gaskets (8 Installed and 8 in the Box)
- 3 Sets of 2U PCB Stabilizers
- 1 Set of 6.25U PCB Stabilizers
- The knob version will include a knob
- Cable: 1 x Type-C to Type-C Cable, 1 x Type-A to Type-A Adapter
This product is rated 5.0 of 5.0 stars.
It has received 1 review.
Everything was exactly as I expected out of the box. A few observations:
- The included stabilizers were pre-lubed nicely and didn't sound bad.
- The pre-included case foam is extremely thin, likely with the goal of providing more flex. Adding thicker material will do a better job to dampen sound, but will reduce flex.
- There is a bit of case ping from the aluminum case, despite the factory-installed force breaks and case foam. Using sorbothane or neoprene as a case foam resolves the issue nicely, at the cost of reducing flex compared to the stock case foam. Otherwise be aware that you may hear a slightly metallic aftertone.
Adding a thicker force break / gasket between the top and bottom case gave me enough room for both a better case foam AND a flexible typing experience. That extra millimeter or two is well worth it!